This is my first post, so please, be gentle. So I guess to start off I should let you know where I'm coming from. 
I have been creative all my life and struggled with what medium to focus my attention to. When I was young I would make all sorts of inventions out of paper; mailboxes, TV's, secret agent punch code keyboards to get into top secret locations, you name it! In my mid-teens I started sewing. I started making hippie clothes and bringing them with me to Phish shows. I loved making them and I loved that I actually was making money from doing something I loved. Weird.
I graduated from Temple University with a BA in Art in 2004. I focused on printmaking while in school and fell in love with it. In my senior year I started looking at vintage wallpapers and mimicking them in my work. Until very recently, I have been doing my art on the side, taking print workshops and waiting tables. Now I have reshifted again and turned my focus back on to my sewing. I started my etsy site in the end of January 09 and continue to create. I still wait tables part time but my goal is to "QUIT MY DAY JOB" and work on my craft full time!

No comments:

Post a Comment